A three-day Mentorship Program for those of you who are seriously invested in becoming a professional event planner. Shadow Mary and learn first hand for a full day at her office, during a rehearsal and on an actual wedding day. The experience encompasses, but is not limited to, the following:
A Day in the office with Mary:
- Learn how to put together contracts, budgets and detailed wedding checklists for clients
- Begin to understand the process of event day timelines, which list all pertinent information required for a flawless event
- See a sample Selected Vendor Referral List, learn about the dynamic between vendors and planners and how to maintain a successful relationship with them
- Sit in on client phone calls and observe the way Mary handles her business
- Understand the process of putting together and delivering welcome gift bags for guests of clients
- View samples of printing – Save the Dates and Invites, ceremony seating cards, etc.
- Help with additions to Mary’s photo albums
- See how Mary keeps client files in order by organizing vendor info, correspondence, notes, etc.
- Meet and greet with the bridal party and their families at the wedding ceremony location
- Help collect all wedding day items ie. Guest book, toasting glasses, programs, placecards, etc.
- Observe Mary as she organizes the bridal party, music, ceremony details
- Observe Mary’s direction of bridal party, family and guests as the day progresses
- Assist in transportation of bridal party and guests ie. Shuttle services and schedules
- Help oversee setup of ceremony site ie. Programs and guest book in place, name cards on chairs, special items for ceremony in place
- Understand the process of the day’s setup and timing ie. vendor arrivals, ceremony setup, reception completion
- Get an overall view of the behind-the-scenes action and how Mary prioritizes where to be and when to be there
- In the bridal suite, help Mary get the bride get into her dress and veil
- Understand the importance of how to accommodate and ensure the comfort of each guest
- Greet guests as they enter, making sure they feel welcome and taken care of
- Help manage the photo guest book making sure pictures get taken, guests are signed in, etc.
- Watch Mary as she organizes the bridal party and gets everyone down the aisle on time
- Assist in setup of reception site ie. Placement of menus, placecards and favors, make sure tables, chairs etc. are arranged according to diagram, etc.
- Guide guests to the reception site once ceremony has concluded
- See Mary coordinate special dances and toasts, making sure that important people ie. Family members, photographer, videographer are present when they take place
- Secure and pack up all extra items at the end of the night ie. Extra favors, menus, programs, placecards, etc. and put gifts in the proper location
- Help decorate bridal suite with candles, petals, bubble bath, cake, champagne, etc.
Flexible scheduling dates… Mentoree to provide own airfare and accommodations.
Mentoring Program fee ranges from $1,500. to $3,000. depending on the level of mentoree’s experience.